Indoor Climbing Wall
Photo Credits: Christian Mogensen
We are now offering PRIVATE CLIMBING LESSONS!! Please click here for more information.
Indoor Climbing Wall Details
We are open whenever the Student Rec Center is open!
*All climbers must complete the SRC Climbing Wall Orientation Class before accessing the indoor climbing wall.
Clinics on climbing movement, anchors, lead climbing, and more are available by request. This is a great family activity--or get a group of friends together and come learn skills with our Climbing Wall Instructors. Prices vary based on group size.
Lead climbing will be allowed ONLY when the gym is staffed by a lead certified staff member. Only UAF lead ropes and quickdraws will be used. Current lead card required to lead climb or belay.
High usage times to be aware of: The wall is OPEN during these times and there are usually open ropes and ample bouldering area. This schedule is for during the school year.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8am-1pm our Rec Climbing Classes are in session.
- Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 7-8:30pm are Climbing Wall Orientation Classes.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 10am-noon; Aerial Fabrics has use of up to 3 ropes. The rest of the ropes and bouldering space is to be kept open for climbers during this time.
- Youth climbers will be present during Youth Climbing Team practice times: Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 3:30-5:30pm.
- During wall rentals, the renting party will have priority of the wall. These times will be scheduled, as best as possible, outside of busy climbing times.
Climbing Wall Orientation
Cost is $10 per person. You register and pay before the class takes place. If you need to cancel please do so in advance. Space is limited and classes fill up fast! Individuals must be over the age of 14 to belay at either climbing wall.
Reminder that Climbing & Belay Certification cards expire after 1 year! Sign up for an Orientation Class to recert. Bring in your old card to waive the cost of the class.
Sign up is available at the SRC front desk. All classes will be held in the indoor climbing wall.
We offer classes every Tuesday & Thursday at 7:00pm* during the Fall and Spring Semesters --Call 474-5886 to sign up! Summer orientations are offered on Tuesdays at 6:00pm*.
*Orientation starts promptly at these times. Late comers will miss necessary information and therefore will not be qualified to climb at either wall. The class is about an hour-and-a-half long.
Day Use Prices
Free to SRC members with polar express card
$6.00 /day for students without an SRC membership
$8.00 /day for non-student without an SRC membership
Equipment is available at the SRC front desk. Climbing shoes are available to rent for $3.00. Climbing Harnesses are available with Polar Express card and Belay Certification card.
All climbers must display a current belay certification card from harness or chalk bag to climb on the Indoor Wall.
For more information contact:
Outdoor Adventures Graduate Assistant