Hello everyone! My name is Alexess and I just began my second year here at UAF and loving it! On campus, I am involved in the Pre-Med Club and intermural volleyball, as well as my first year as a student ambassador. I recently moved off of campus, but had lived on campus for the last year and a half, if you have any questions about dorm life. There is always something to do here on campus! I enjoy almost anything outdoors, from snowboarding to cross country skiing to four-wheeling and rock climbing- you name it! In the future, I want to be a nurse practitioner focusing in women’s health and pediatrics. Next year I plan on traveling through South America for a few months with my best friend and will be scoping out where I can hopefully work as a medical provider to South Americans as well! I am also fluent in Spanish, asi que si quieres practicar hablando espanol, veni a hablar conmigo!
10 things about Alexess
- My favorite coffee is a 12 oz. vanilla americano with room for almond milk (preferably coconut milk!)
- I am an only child so I always had to be good at making friends.
- My favorite year of life has been partaking in the culture of Argentina for my senior year of high school. Here I am in the province of Corrientes, drinking mate, a typical drink made of yerba with my host family.
- My mom and I were chased by wild bison in Delta when I was in first grade. My teacher said that I had a "great imagination." Wrong! My mom marched in and told her it really happened.
- Four wheeling has been my favorite mode of Alaskan transportation since I was a little itty bitty girl (3rd grade era) when I almost cried out of fear of driving over a stick. Wow! That has sure changed.
- I am on the intramural volleyball team "Killer Bees"
- I love to travel and see new cultures and meet new people.
- Here I am with my wonderful mom, my best friend Hannah hitting the slopes at Moose Mountain -- a true weekend tradition.
- Aside from four wheeling, my more eco-friendly form of transport is hands-down rollerblading. Anywhere I can. Anytime I can. With anyone willing to scrape a knee or two (as I did here).
- This is my lucky monkey named George and he has been everywhere I have including the states, Denmark, Paraguay and of course the lovely Argentina. Here he is in his natural habitat, “hanging” out with me.