Hometown: Shishmaref, AK
Major: Alaska Native Studies
Hello! My name is Talliq. My English name is Esau. I am a former Arctic Youth Ambassador. I am currently involved with Native Student Union, Nanook Diversity and Action Center, and Aarigaa on campus here at UAF! UAF is a great school that offers a wide range of degrees and certificates that anyone can apply for!
- I have 36 siblings (from my dad).
- I live on Sarichef Island, otherwise known as Shishmaref, Alaska.
- My parents are dog mushers!
- I grew up with 5 mothers: one great grandmother, two grandmothers, and two mothers.
- My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper!
- I got my certificate in Tribal Management!
- I am a 2016 White House Champion of Change awardee.
- I am a 2016 Denny Wilcher awardee for Young Environmental Activists.
- I am a 2017 Spirit of Youth awardee.
- The Cavs are my favorite team!