Home: Shishmaref, AK
Major: Tribal Management
Hello! My name is Esau Sinnok and I am Inupiaq Eskimo. I am the leading student officer for Native Games run through Rural Student Services, and I am also a representative for the Nanook Diversity and Action Center. I am also an Arctic Youth Ambassador for the U.S. Chairmanship of the Arctic Council. UAF is my second home; I have been visiting the campus for the past six years for summer programs and summer school. UAF is a great school as it provides a wide range of degrees and certificates that anyone can apply for!
- I met President Obama in Yosemite National Park.
- My favorite sandwich is bread and mayonnaise.
- My favorite Eskimo food is duck and geese soup.
- I live on a barrier island in the NorthWest region of Alaska called Shishmaref, Alaska.
- My mom has 30 dog mushing dogs!
- I really like to collect watches.
- I traveled to Paris, France for COP21, the United Nations climate change negotiations
- My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper.
- I was one of 10 selected White House Champions of Change for Climate Equity award recipients
- My favorite sport is Basketball.