Home: Kandy, Sri Lanka
Major: business administration
Hi, my name is Jason and I'm an international student here at UAF. I came to UAF because the petroleum engineering program here is one of the best in the world and because Fairbanks is very different from Sri Lanka, where I am from. This is my second year at UAF. I live on campus and play on an intramural volleyball team.
- I was born on a tear drop shaped island named Sri lanka.
- I consider Saudi Arabia as home since I lived there the longest (6years).
- I was on the volleyball, basketball, and badminton team back in high school.
- I still play volleyball at UAF in an intramurals team.
- I love dogs, and have 2 back in Sri lanka.
- I love traveling around the world and experiencing new cultures.
- I have a younger sister.
- The Tomorrowland festival (a 3 day music festival in Belgium) is on my bucket list.
- I came to study at UAF for my degree (Since UAF is known for its petroleum engineering degree) and a change in weather (from 120 degrees to -40 degrees).
- If you are in a car with me I will always blast the music.