I'm Mikey, I grew up about 5 minutes from campus and started working in a student position with Career Services after graduating high school. After a year and a half I took a break from school to work, but I'm back at school and still on the hunt for a major. I currently live in a cabin without running water -- what Alaskans call a dry cabin -- just north of campus. I work for the Admissions Office while taking classes. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing, but I hope it involves art, people, and the outdoors!
- My go-to coffee drink is a sludge cup (espresso + drip coffee).
- I became a typography and font nerd during high school yearbook.
- My favorite winter camping trip so far involves finding fossils near Suntrana Creek, just north of Denali National Park.
- When my mustache grows out, it naturally comes in curly.
- Blue is my favorite color, #00CCFF if I have the choice.
- I enjoy painting, drawing, photoshop art, and more.
- During summer of 2015 I bought a car in Denver and drove it back through Canada solo in 5 days.
- I used to create pixel art using blocks in minecraft.
- I've tried dreadlocks a few times, each time lasting just a few weeks… they just didn’t work very well for me.
- My dream profession is also the English word with the most back-to-back double letters: Balloonneer (of hot air balloons)