Hello! I'm Shay and this is my fourth year at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. As a senior in high school I decided to challenge myself by going to college through the AHEAD (Alaska Higher Education Admission Decision) program here at UAF; thus began my wonderful relationship with this school. I love the endless opportunities for students of UAF and the feeling that anything is possible if you put yourself out there and utilize those opportunities. The faculty and professors aim to inspire, and for me, they continue to achieve just that. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about UAF, looking forward to hearing from you! Go Nanooks!
- I am a military brat.
- I love Ghost Adventures and anything spooky/ridiculous.
- My brother, sister and I have "Sibling Night" every couple of months where we go out and get some fancy dinner followed by bowling or ice skating or going to ice parks... etc.
- I began reading the Harry Potter books for the first time last summer.
- My natural hair color is dirty blonde, but I've rocked red hair for 5 years.
- I studied French for three years, two in high school and one in college.
- I've lived in Alaska the longest of any place, almost 9 years now!
- My favorite word is "obscure."
- My favorite place on earth is the island of Terceira in the Azores Archipelago, Portugal.
- I am a major fan of sarcasm and satire.