- Get your voice heard!
- Make cool promotional posters and hang them around UAF!
- Make decisions about the future of UAF
- Allocate funds into university-wide events
The Senate meets every Sunday at 4 pm in the Alumni Lounge in Constitution Hall during the regular school year.
Senators are responsible for:
- Allocating fee money, and passing the annual ASUAF Budget each Spring.
- Approving all Senate and Presidential appointments.
- Voting on all legislation and many other actions taken by the Senate.
- Attending all ASUAF Senate meetings, and serving on at least one Senate Committee.
- Serving two weekly office hours in the ASUAF office.
Senators are expected to participate in one of the following committees during their tenure.
- Executive Committee
- Student Affairs Committee
- University Relations Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Internal Affairs Committee
If becoming a senator seems like too much of a commitment for you, but you're still interested in getting involved in student government, the best ways are to volunteer at events, and to vote during elections.
Breakdown of a Bill
Bills are simply written:
Whereas, (short concise relevent information on why the bill is necessary/relevant)
Whereas, (present another short concise argument)
(repeat until argument for bill is appropriately set up)
Enacted, (short concise plan of what to do)
Don't get overwhelmed.
Before you can get started writing legislation, You should understand how Meetings documents and Minutes documents control the flow of every Senate meeting.
For more information see the Appendix of the Rules of Procedure Governing document