406 Denali Lane
The four-story Andrew Nerland Hall opened in 1953 as an all-male residence for 100 students. Today Nerland is coed by floor and in the mid-1990s received a "Healthy Lifestyle" designation.
Andrew Nerland served on the board of trustees of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines from 1929 – 1935 and on the University of Alaska Board of Regents from 1935 – 1956. Nerland assisted Judge Wickersham in laying the cornerstone for the college and, as a representative to the Alaska Territorial Legislature, introduced legislation for the creation of the college in Fairbanks. He received an honorary doctor of laws degree from the University of Alaska in 1952.