Applying for Admission: Occupational Endorsement Programs
Applications for admission to occupational endorsement programs are due no later than June 15 for fall semester, Nov. 1 for spring semester or May 1 for summer semester.
High school seniors are encouraged to apply for admission as early as the first semester of their senior year and should provide an official high school transcript including a list of courses in progress.
Apply online at www.uaf.edu/admissions/. Application forms may also be printed from the above website or requested from the Office of Admissions and the Registrar. Before an application can be reviewed, the student must:
- Apply for admission
Applications must be received before the published deadlines. There is no fee to apply for an occupational endorsement program.
- Submit official transcripts
Most applicants to occupational endorsement programs are not required to submit high school or college transcripts but all are strongly encouraged to do so. Transfer students who want to receive credit for prior work must submit official transcripts.
For admission to occupational endorsement programs, official documentation must be provided showing that the applicant:
- is at least 18 years old, or
- has a high school diploma*, or
- has a General Educational Development (GED) diploma.
* To earn a high school diploma in Alaska, a student must fulfill all curriculum requirements and satisfactorily complete all three competency areas of the High School Qualifying Exam. Please note that in order to qualify for federal financial aid, you must have either a high school diploma or a GED.
Students should check with an advisor for the specific requirements for their program.
Occupational endorsement programs are designed to give students occupational training in a specific field. These programs require between 9 and 29 credit hours and will be posted to the student's transcript upon completion and approval by the academic department. The credit hours may be applied to other undergraduate degree programs (when applicable).
Office of Admissions and the Registrar
University of Alaska Fairbanks
First Floor, Signers' Hall
P.O. Box 757480
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7480