College of Rural and Community Development
Community and Technical College
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Endorsement: 24 credits
The entry-level welding occupational endorsement provides training to succeed in the structural welding industry and to pass the American Welding Society test, used as an industry standard. The program also covers the safety requirements and mathematics needed in this high-demand occupation. Applicants must be 16 years old to be admitted.
Occupational Endorsement Program
- Complete the following admissions requirement: Be at least 16 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.
- Complete the following:*
TTCH F131--Mathematics for the Trades--3 credits
WMT F103--Welding I Fundamentals and Safety--3 credits
WMT F105--Welding II Basic Welding--3 credits
WMT F130--Shielded Metal Arc Welding--3 credits
WMT F140--Metal Fabrication--3 credits
WMT F160--Gas Metal Arc Welding--3 credits
WMT F290--Welding Proficiency--3 credits
WMT F150--Gas Tungsten Arc Welding--3 credits
- Minimum credits required--24 credits
* Students must earn a C or better in each course.