College of Rural and Community Development
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Endorsement: 12 credits
The facility maintenance program trains participants in dealing with challenges unique to rural Alaska structures. Training consists of identifying, troubleshooting and customizing solutions to a building or home, learning the importance of working with community advocates, tracking and analyzing past maintenance trends, and developing strategies for future maintenance needs. Applicants must be 16 years old to be admitted.
Occupational Endorsement Program
- Complete the following admissions requirement: Be at least 16 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Complete the general university requirements.
- Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.
- Complete the following:*
CTT F130--Introduction to Facilities Maintenance--1 credit
CTT F131--Interior Repairs: Drywall, Woodwork Trim, Window Replacement--1 credit
CTT F132--Flooring Installations: Vinyl, Wood and Parquet--1 credit
CTT F133--Cabinet Installation with Countertops--1 credit
CTT F135--Boiler Troubleshooting and Burner Repair--2 credits
CTT F137--Appliance Troubleshooting and Repair--2 credits
CTT F138--Troubleshooting HVAC Systems--2 credits
CTT F151--Introduction to Plumbing Tools and Drawings--1 credit
CTT F153--Plastic and Copper Pipe and Fittings--1 credit
- Minimum credits required--12 credits
* Students must earn a C- grade or better in each course.