Office of Interdisciplinary Programs
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 60 credits
The interdisciplinary program provides flexibility to undergraduate and graduate students who have well-defined goals that do not fit into one of the established majors offered by the university. Interdisciplinary studies, both graduate and undergraduate programs, is located in the Graduate School office. Help with the application process, contact information for faculty advisors and assistance for interdisciplinary students is available at 907-474-7716 or see www.uaf.edu/gradsch/classes/interdisciplinary-program/.
- Contact the UAF Office of the Graduate School and Interdisciplinary Programs for materials and procedures.
- Contact three faculty members to serve as the interdisciplinary studies committee.
- Prepare rationale/justification letter.
- Conduct committee meeting to finalize degree proposal, title of degree and assessment plan.
- Submit proposal to appropriate dean for approval.
- Submit to the vice provost for final approval.
- Minimum credits required--60 credits