Pesticide Safety Education Program
Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions for 2017 are now Self Study. Cost is $65.00 and includes all materials and testing.
Online registration is found here: http://bit.ly/PestInvasive
Certification is required by law for individuals engaged in the following practices:
1. Purchase, use or sale of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricted use pesticides (RUP).
2. Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or RUP for commercial purposes (for hire).
3. Apply pesticides to someone else’s property.
4. Consult or advise about pesticides.
5. Use or supervise the use of pesticides at a public place, such as a school, common area of an apartment building or government office, parks, or public sports field, unless it is an antimicrobial.
6. Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit.
Materials can be picked up at your local Cooperative Extension District Offices during scheduled office hours. Remote locations will be mailed study materials after registration with ample time allowed for delivery.
Proctored testing is arranged after training or can be scheduled per district.
Anchorage Pesticide Applicators Exams
The Anchorage Extension office will proctor pesticide applicator core and category exams on Wednesdays.Appointments are required and should be made at least 5 business days in advance to ensure space is available. To make arrangements for your exam please call 786-6300.
Training materials may be picked up during regular business hours (Tues-Thurs, 12-4) or by appointment. Please call (786-6300) ahead so we can have your specific materials ready for you!
If you need to take an exam on a day other than Wednesday, special arrangements can be made on a limited basis as staffing and time allows.
Questions concerning your category of certification should be directed to the Division of Environmental Health Pesticide Program's website http://dec.alaska.gov/eh/pest/ or by
calling 1-800-478-2577 or 376-1870.