Agriculture and Horticulture
Darren Snyder is the Juneau District Agriculture/Horticulture Agent. Please contact Darren at 907-523-3280 x2, with your questions about agriculture, horticulture, community gardening, food security and building resilient communities.
The Juneau Community Gardenvideo is available on YouTube! www.youtube.com/user/UAFExtension.
Agriculture and Horticulture Faculty research and prepare publications on topics of interest to Alaskan families. Read our most recent publications!
- HGA-00029 Community Gardens in Alaska
- HGA-01027 Composting in Alaska
- HGA-00028 Hoop Houses in Rural Alaska
- HGA-00027 Growing Potatoes in the Alaska Garden
- HGA-00041 Growing Beets in the Alaska Garden
- HGA-01026 Using Spent Brewery Grain in the Alaska Compost Pile
View the Publications Catalog to find more useful Extension resources.