Family Nutrition Program
The Family Nutrition Program provides educational opportunities for Alaskan families and individuals with limited resources that can improve access to affordable and nutritious food.
Classes enable participants to develop new skills and gain knowledge to:
- improve nutritional and physical well-being of the total family
- increase knowledge of human nutrition and physical activity
- increase the ability to select and buy food nutritious foods
- improve skills in food preparation, storage, safety, and meal-time practices
- increase the ability to manage food budgets
This material was funded by the USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help you buy nutritious foods for a better diet. To find out more, call 907-465-3347. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800)795-3272 (voice) or (202)720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.