Recents CMI Projects
- Development of an Autonomous Carbon Glider to Monitor Sea-air CO2 Fluxes in the Chukchi Sea.
PI: Claudine Hauri
- Fate and Persistence of Oil Spill Response Chemicals in Arctic Seawater.
PI: Mary Beth Leigh
Students: Kelly McFarlin, Ph.D Biological Sciences
Matthew Perkins, PhD Environmental and Molecular Toxicology
- The Alaska Monitoring and Assessment Program survey of estuaries within the National Petroleum Reserve, Alaska.
PI: Douglas Dasher
- Evaluating Chukchi Sea Trace Metals and Hydrocarbons Sourced from Nearby Coastal Rivers.
PI: Paul McCarthy
Student: John Perreault, MS Geology
- Sensitivity to Hydrocarbons and Baselines of Exposure in Marine Birds on the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas.
PI: Tuula Hollmen
Student: Riddle-Berntsen, PhD Marine Biology
- Biodegradation and Transport of Crude Oil in Sand and Gravel Beaches of Arctic Alaska.
PI: Silke Schiewer
Students: Anna Iverson, MS Environmental Engineering
Priyamvada Sharma, MS Environmental Engineering
- Crude Oil Infiltration and Movement in First-year Sea ice: Impacts on Ice-associated Biota and Physical Constraints.
PI: Eric Collins
Students: Kyle Dilliplaine, MS Marine Biology
Marc Oggier, PhD Geophysics
- Distribution and Abundance of Select Trace Metals in Chukchi and Beaufort Sea Ice.
PIs: Rob Rember and Ana Aguilar-Islas
- Development of Accurate Model of the Beaufort and Chukchi Ice Drift and Dispersion for Forecasting Spill Trajectory
PI: Anton Kulchitsky
- Testing the Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Intertidal Surveys.
PIs: Katrin Iken and Brenda Konar
- Development and Testing of a Low-cost Satellite-tracked Ice Drifter for Arctic Alaska.
PI: Jeremy Kasper
- Sea Level Measurements Along the Alaskan Chukchi and Beaufort Coasts.
PI: Steve Okkonen