Award Nominations for Faculty/Staff
Chancellor's Cornerstone Award
The Chancellor's Cornerstone Award recognizes University of Alaska Fairbanks staff for sustained outstanding contributions toward accomplishing and enhancing the UAF mission and strategic plan. Specific examples of the following should be included in the nomination:
- Advocating on behalf of UAF in the workplace or in the community
- Showing concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Demonstrating consistant superior performance and significantly exceeding position requirements
- Taking on significant responsibilities in addition to exceeding expectations of their job
- Taking ownership of services rendered and acting on behalf of the person being served
- Demonstrating a helpful and positive attitude
- Improving the workplace through exemplary initiative, dedication or leadership
Make Students Count Awards
To recognize staff who have provided outstanding service to students anywhere in the UA system.. Each recipient receives an award plaque, a check for $1,000 and two domestic airline vouchers. All nominees receive a certificate of nomination. The university president will present the awards at a Board of Regents meeting.
There is one award given per MAU.