Travel is a necessary component for the University's success and we strive to make it as smooth of a process as possible. Please use this site as a resource for all UAF travel questions and be sure to contact our office for additional information or assistance.
For information regarding travel alerts, please visit the Risk Management website.
Step-by-Step Travel Process
Use the following as a quick-reference guide to traveling for University purposes. Your unit may have additional requirements, so check with your Travel Coordinator before making travel arrangements.
- Verify your TEM profile for accuracy. First-time users click HERE.
- Complete a paper TA form (basic / detailed) OR enter travel information in TEM (depending on your Unit's procedure).
- Review and apply the appropriate per-diem rates to your travel authorization.
- Upon approval, begin working with your Travel Coordinator to book airfare, hotel, and car rental (if necessary).
- Review the guidelines for Personal Travel Combined with Business, if applicable.
- Submit original receipts to your Travel Coordinator.
- If your Unit requires a paper Travel Expense Report (TER), complete and submit with receipts to your Travel Coordinator.
- Reimbursement may be in the form of check payment or direct deposit, depending on your preference.
Note: If completing your own expense report in TEM, use the attachment feature for all backup. AT and ER detailed reports are still required in backup.
Risk Management Links:
Travel Accident - How to prepare and what to do in the event of an accident during travel status
Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability for Family / Friend Accompaniment - The family member or friend must sign this release if accompanying a UA traveler
Student Accident/Travel - What to do in the event of an accident during a UA student's travel
Auto Physical Damage
Volunteer Services and Liability