PIT Crew: Process Improvement & Training Crew
UAF made efforts in FY12 to institutionalize campus-wide process improvement (PI) efforts by creating the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), which is the "home" to UAF PI. However, improvement is best driven by the process owners and those that are experts in the work or understand the business needs.
OMB has adopted a facilitator model that integrates process workflow mapping with implementation planning. Fifteen staff members have gone through extensive training to become qualified process improvement facilitators and are guiding these project teams, with more efforts on the horizon.
The facilitators utilize a Dynamic Planning™ framework developed by Professional Growth Systems (PGS). For more information regarding this PGS methodology: http://www.professionalgrowthsystems.com/index.html.
The PIT Crew Facilitators are:
- Mike Cox, Facilities Services
- Faye Gallant, Office of Management & Budget (OMB)
- Margo Griffith, Human Resources
- Jennifer Harris, School of Fisheries & Ocean Sciences
- Pamm Zierfuss-Hubbard, Dining Services & Contract Operations
- Ashley Munro, Financial Aid
- Julie Queen, OMB
- Kris Racina, School of Management
- Dave Read, Geophysical Institute
- Lillian Anderson-Misel, Geophysical Institute
- Mike Earnest, Office of Admissions and the Registrar
- Gabrielle Russell, College of Rural and Community Development
- Briana Walters, OMB
To reach the PIT Crew, email: UAFfirstname.lastname@example.org.