Before applying to our program, you must be accepted to the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Visit the UAF Admissions website for more information about becoming a student.
- You must already be accepted and planning to attend the University of Alaska Fairbanksas a FULL TIME, regularly enrolled, degree seeking student.
- Final cumulative high school GPA of 3.6 or higher, and
- Combined SAT score of 1820 or higher, and/or
- Combined ACT score of 27 or higher, or
- Transferring college GPA of 3.5 or higher. Students with Junior/Senior class standing may be eligible to apply for the Honors Thesis Scholar option.
- The Honors Program Application process will only be open during the UAF Course Registration period.
Applying to Honors
If you are applying to our program, you MUST FIRST BE ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA FAIRBANKS. Next you must fill out the HONORS PROGRAM APPLICATION* which is SEPARATE FROM THE UAF ADMISSION APPLICATION.
If you have been pre-screened for admittance to the Honors Program, you must still fill out the online application. This lets us know that you would like to join our family.
The link to the Honors Program Application can be found above, on our "About Us" page, or by going to our "Forms" page. If you experience any problems with the online application make sure you are logged into your UA email account.**
*The Honors Program application will open and close following the UAF class registration schedule.
**If you have not been issued a UA email account, do the following:
1. Attempt to access the Honors Program Application using your non-uaf email account.
2. Send us an email at email@example.com and we will respond to your email by sending you the application form.