Log Into Blue (use your UAOnline username and password)
Blue Course Evaluations
Beginning Fall 2015, all UAF courses will be evaluated using the Blue system by eXplorance. The Provost's office, the Faculty Development, Assessment, and Improvement (FDAI) committee and the Electronic Course Assessment Implementation (ECAI) committee are committed to helping students and instructors interface with the new system, and to enhance the impact of course evaluation on course offering and teaching.
Following previous practice, some courses will not be evaluated. These include:
- Courses with an enrollment of fewer than 3 students (or in the case of cross-listed or stacked courses, a combined enrollment of fewer than 3)
- Courses with a duration of less than one week
- Non-credit courses
- Independent studies, directed studies, and thesis credit courses
- Internships, practicums, and apprenticeships
- Linked lab courses with the same instructor as the lecture (labs with a different instructor will be evaluated if they meet the other criteria)
- Exchange Courses (EXCN)
- CHP (RD) courses
- RHS courses
- Research courses (labs, undergraduate research or graduate research)
In response to a recommendation by the UAF Faculty Senate, UAF administration has decided to move away from the current paper method of assessing student opinions of instruction towards an electronic assessment instrument. The motivation for both the recommendation and the subsequent adoption were summarized in reports submitted by the Electronic Course Evaluation task force and they can be found at the following links:
If you need technical assistance or have questions about Blue please contact email@example.com.
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. UAF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of nondiscrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination.