How to Apply
Instructions for visiting international exchange students:
This application is intended for use by students on temporary exchange programs with cooperating universities and institutions and by students intending to study at UAF for one or two semesters as part of a degree program in their home country. Students seeking a degree from UAF must submit the regular application for undergraduate or graduate admission can visit the Office of Admissions and the Registrar website for information on how to apply. The exchange application form and all supporting documents, including current copies of your passport and transcripts, must be sent to the International Programs & Initiatives.
Submit the Following Documents directly to International Programs & Initiatives:
- International Student - Visiting Exchange Application
- Financial Statement for International Applicants Download, print, complete, sign, and mail this form directly to International Programs & Initiatives. Do not send to Admissions.
- Current transcripts
- Current copy of your passport (identification page only)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) if your native language is not English, a minimum score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam) is required. OR The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5. This requirement is waived for students recommended by their home institution, if their home institution is a UAF partner institution (bilateral exchange or north2north).
Your visiting exchange application should reach the UAF International Programs & Initiatives by:
- April 1 for the fall semester or
- September 1 for the spring semester.
All documents must be submitted by these dates. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the application process, or about living and studying at UAF as an exchange student, please contact Erica Keiko Iseri, Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor.
We recommend that you send documents electronically to Erica Keiko Iseri before sending them through the mail. She we will review your application for completeness.