Psi Chi: The International Honor Society in Psychology
• Psi Chi is an international honors society for students majoring or declared minors in Psychology.
It was the first student organization formally affiliated with APA, and is the largest student psychological organization with over 600,000 members ranging from the United States to New Zealand.
The organization was created to recognize scholastic achievements, encourage leadership, research, and creativity in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to promote the advancement of science within psychology.
• Psychology Club is for any UAF student that would like to be involved with psychology that is not majoring or minoring in this field!
All UAF student are invited to be a part of the club.
For more information please contact the department. We are always happy to help!
Happy 35th Anniversary to the UAF Psi Chi Chapter!
Psi Chi Benefits & Membership Information
- Provides national recognition for academic excellence in psychology
- Provides a local, regional, and national forum for obtaining information and developing perspectives about psychology
- Provides students with valuable opportunities to develop one-on-one relationships with professors who can stimulate interests.
- Students gain a sense of community with others in psychology
- Provides over $225,000 annually in awards and grants to it's student members, faculty, and chapters
- Encourages students research at the regional and national as well as local levels through undergraduate & graduate award competitions
- Looks great on resumes & employment applications
~Requirements for Membership:
- Both undergraduate and graduate students who major or minor in Psychology
- Completion of 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college courses
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses
- Ranking in the top 35% of one's class in general scholarship
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in both psychology classes and in cumulative grades
Office: Dept of Psychology, Gruening Bldg, Room 705B
Phone: (907) 474-7007
The ladies enjoyed their time at the Autism Awareness bake sale in April 2012!!!
Each club had students participate in the Autism Awareness Bake Sale on Thursday, April 12th, 2012 in the Wood Center from 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Baked yummy treats were donated from faculty, staff and students. They sold gooey brownies, cookies to red velvet cupcakes with creamy cream cheese frosting.
All proceeds gathered will go to the Autism Society of Alaska.
The UAF Psychology Club is sponsoring a team to walk in the Autism Walk on April 28th, 2012. If you would like to participate or get more information please contact: Lacey Brewster at, email@example.com.