Welcome to Residence Life student employment!
It might be hard to imagine, but approximately 100 students have jobs within the UAF Residence Halls. Our student employees discover that working part-time makes the transition to college easier. A flexiable work schedule provides some structure to help you keep on top of academic responsibilities and balance your time during the week.
In fact, campus data reveals a secret: UAF students who work a part-time job do better academically than students who choose not to work. Surprise!
At the Department of Residence Life, we have experience with a student workforce and know that academics are your top priority. Along with studying, a job is a great way to become an important part of things happening here. Many lifelong friendships begin on the job. Working also helps you develop a good reputation on campus, which will jumpstart your future applications for internships, co-ops, and advanced-level jobs that require an employment reference.
If you are interested in applying for a job at UAF, please visit the job site for the UA system at http://www.uakjobs.com. More information about student jobs and internships on campus can also be found at: www.uaf.edu/career/students/jobs/
Residence Life RA Job Application
RESIDENCE LIFE EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrate leadership potential and or previous leadership experience.
- Ability to communicate (written/verbal) effectively with all types of people.
- Ability to understand work to be done, organize that work and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Knowledge of basic computer software such as word processing.
- Ability to work a minimum of 1 week nights starting at 7:00pm and ending at 8:00am not including Friday or Saturday in those week nights.
- Organizational skills
- Positive attitude & approachability
- A commitment of one full academic year (or the remainder of such at the time of hire.)
- Students must have a cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.0 or above at time of application and hire.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at UAF (12 undergraduate credits / 9 graduate credits).
- Applicant may not be on academic probation nor any form of University or residential disciplinary probation.
- Applicant must be available to maintain a schedule that ensures student contact, particularly during evening hours and weekends.