Loss Prevention Process
Thank you to all those who turned in loss prevention applications last fiscal year.
54 Applications were turned in.
100% of our loss prevention budget was used.
31 Applications were for ergonomic equipment for offices.
$22,000 was used for ice cleats to provide students, staff, and faculty with an additional level of safety during the winter months.
$21,000 was awarded to various departments for worker safety and included ideas such as a drum lift, machine guard, and portable emergency eye wash station.
$5,600 went to protect employees' health by purchasing portable ventilation and welding fume eliminator systems.
$13,500 trained folks across all UAF campuses on Protection of Minors' issues. Helping to make UAF a safer place for person 17years of age and younger.
Accepting FY2016 Applications!
FY2016 has begun, please send your applications now. We look forward to seeing the new ideas that come this year!
Any university employee may apply for LP projects. LP projects can also be requested by department heads or campus environmental, health, safety, and risk management (EHSRM) staff.
1. Review Loss Prevention Guidelines and Information
2. Identify the problem and develop a plan to mitigate the risk
3. Provide supporting evidence for your application
This can be completed by a risk assessment through risk management or previous incident reports, police reports, Cause of Loss Reports, or any other supporting data available.
4. Calculate costs and savings that will arise out of the LP project
In many cases, this will be a rough estimate. However, please do your best to develop and clearly demonstrate direct or indirect costs and savings that could be realized as a result of implementing your proposed LP project.
5. Fill out a Loss Prevention funding application.
6. Get approval signature from your appropriate department head or supervisor.
This step is to confirm that management can support your plan as well as provide additional funding that may be necessary if the plan exceeds the LP funding limit or matching funding is required.
7. Submit your application to campus EHSRM office.
Please e-mail the complete application to email@example.com. EHSRM office will perform the initial review and approval. Once approved by the campus EHSRM office, the application will be forwarded to the System Office of Risk Services for review and final approval. EHSRM will notify you of the final approval. NOTE: ERGONOMIC LP APPLICATIONS WILL GO THROUGH CAROL SHAFFORD DIRECTLY.
8. If approved, implement the project, and cooperate with any post implementation follow ups or surveys by EHSRM staff.