Great Alaskan Accounting People
GAAP is the accounting club at UAF.
GAAP's purpose is to help accounting students
- learn about the diverse career opportunities available for accounting graduates
- acquire an understanding of the day-to-day work of a professional accountant
- understand career planning and prepare for successful professional placement
Participation in GAAP develops students into professionals who are confident and qualified to accept staff accountant positions that require interaction with CEOs and other high-level management on a daily basis.
Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Each year, GAAP provides free income tax assistance, preparation and electronic filing. The GAAP club will be available in the Bunnell Building during the tax season to help you with your taxes.
For dates and times, check out the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program page.
GAAP offers many activities that encourage social interaction with accounting faculty, alumni, and students.
- Meetings with professional speakers
- Evening socials with practicing accountants
- Government Night (panel discussion)
- Nonprofit Night (panel discussion)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Office visits to local accounting firms
- Spring break trip to Anchorage businesses
- Resume writing workshops
- Community service activities