There are many reasons why you should choose Alaska!
- Choose from 225+ courses
- Save with In-state tuition for everyone during the summer
- Courses have variable start and end dates between May 23 and August 12
- 8 colleges and schools, 167 degrees and certificates in 128 disciplines
- 28 Doctoral and 63 Master's Programs from Anthropology to Space Physics
- Student to faculty ratio is 12:1
- Students from over 47 countries attend UAF
- Live in on-campus housing minutes away from the classrooms
- Take field-based classes throughout Alaska
International Students Currently IN the United States
International Students NOT Currently in the United States
Note: Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for use in applying for the F-1 (student) visa will be issued to qualified international students who are admitted to the University of Alaska Fairbanks to take at least 12 credits during the summer.
Early application is advisable as space in courses is limited. Application deadline is March 15. Please let the Summer Sessions office know of your plans as soon as you decide to apply. Summer Sessions will work with you throughout the application process.
Download the International Student Summer Application. If you receive a "Please wait..." message, disregard and click the download icon on your screen to manually download the document.
- Please read the enrollment and language requirements on the International Student Summer Application before completing the form.
- Original documents are not necessary to approve your application. Scan and email the required documents to email@example.com. Be sure to mark out all but the last two digits of any identifying numbers such as bank accounts.
- Some emails sent from our office are occasionally redirected to junk or spam folders. Please ensure that you check these folders regularly once you have applied.
- If you are applying as part of an institutional group, you should send your application form to your group contact.
- Completed and signed application form
- Language proficiency verification: If your native language is not English, a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam) is required OR the minimum required IELTS score is 6.5. This requirement is waived for students recommended by their home institution, if their home institution is a UAF partner institution (bilateral exchange or north2north).
- Financial support documentation must be in English and monetary values shown in U.S. dollars.
Applications received via email, fax or post:
Confirmation of receipt of your application will be sent via email.
If all requirements are met and all information is received, your application will be accepted for processing.
If your application is incomplete, or any supporting documents are missing, you will be contacted via email. Your application will be assigned as 'pending' until the issue is resolved.
Congratulations on being accepted for summer study at the University of Alaska Fairbanks! We are excited that you will be part of our summer learning community and want to do everything possible to help you feel welcome. You are joining a proud academic community with many members spread around the globe! We look forward to your arrival. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Once you are formally accepted to UAF, the Office of International Programs & Initiatives will send your official letter of admission and your immigration documents (Form I-20).
Other important links:
Customized Intensive English Language Program
The IELP at University of Alaska Fairbanks can help you improve your English skills whether your goals are for educational, business or personal reasons. By living "in the language," you will learn English more efficiently. Fairbanks community is a small but welcoming university town with an amalgamation of different cultures. You can explore US norms and traditions in addition to exploring Alaska’s wilderness.
Explore our IELP program.
For more information, please contact Michelle Bartlett at +1-907-474-7021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org