Take Green Transportation!
Public Transportation & UAF's Trail System
- Going to and from Campus? Any UAF campus ID can be used to ride the Fairbanks North Star Borough MACS public bus system for free as the result of a donation from the UAF Chancellor.View MACS schedules and routes.
- Getting around campus? Park and Ride. UAF has a shuttle system to reduce dependence on personal vehicles on campus. UAF Shuttles are equipped to transport students, faculty, and staff with permanent or temporary disabilities between University facilities. Rides are free.
- Choosing non-motorized methods of transportation? UAF has an extensive trail system. The trails include designated areas for skiing, hiking, dog walking and bike riding. Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
Ride a Bike
- Need a bike? Check out the UAF GreenBikes Program! To find out if any Green Bike's are available for the semester or by the day, call 907-474-7375.
- The Office of Sustainability is now offering a new service for the bicycle enthusiast
"Bicycle Locker Rentals"!
Bicycle lockers are available in two locations: West Ridge near the IARC Building, and on the east side of the Gruening Building. Rental rates are $9/calendar month or $100/year, plus a key deposit of $50 which may be refunded at the termination of the rental agreement.
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Try a Carpool
Like being green and meeting new people? Have we got a program for you!
Van pooling goes places the FNSB bus does not. The Fairbanks North Star Borough including UAF has started a vanpool program to help commuters save money by providing resident of neighborhood a means of riding to work together.
Vans are equipped with overhead reading lights and reclining seats. For more information, call 1-800-VAN-RIDE or go to VPSI's Alaska page.
Download the Vanpool application here!