Get Started with Your App Challenge Submission
Live. Learn. Green!
There's still time to participate in the UAF Verizon Mobile App Challenge! The deadline for submission is January 26th, 2014. Watch our short video and review this brief guide for getting started to ensure that you get your entry in on time! Remember, the winning team is awarded $1000 and second place team is awarded $500!
Key Points of Focus
- Will you have team members? Be sure to identify them.
- What is the purpose of your app? Does it emphasize sustainability at UAF, in the Fairbanks community, or will it be usable worldwide?
- What will the name of your app be? Will it require a login? What does the icon look like?
- Who is your target audience? Perhaps your app will be usable by students specifically. Perhaps your app will emphasize a certain department of field of study. Perhaps your app will focus on business leaders, residents, or pet owners.
- How will your app be interactive? What is the best way to demonstrate screenflow for the final presentation? Power point slides, illustrations, diagrams, 3D models, and other tools can be utilized in order to demonstrate how your app will appear.
Once you have completed a design, make sure that your group members have all had a chance to review the app and make changes before you submit. Remember, there is NO CODING NECESSARY! Since OIT will be developing the app, there is no need to worry about the technical details - just create a design for what you want the app to do!
Once you have completed your design, simply fill out the SUBMISSION FORM here. It might be useful to look over the form before you complete your project as it will provide more information and specific requirements.
Watch our short video below and get your green app idea ready for submission!
|Entry Deadline||January 26|
|Notice of Acceptance||February 1|
|Battle of the Apps Presentations||February 11|
|Winner Announced||February 12|
|Complete Development by OIT||April 15|
|Beta App Launch||April 22|