About Title IX
What is Title IX?
Title IX is a federal civil right that prohibits sex discrimination in education. All members of the university community and visitors have the right to be free from all forms of gender and sex-based discrimination, including sexual violence, sexual harassment, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
If you've been subjected to gender or sex-based discrimination or misconduct or threatened, UAF has ways to help. Requests for adjustments must be submitted to the Title IX Coordinator. The following is not an exhaustive list and interim measures can be changed at any time:
Your safety is important to UAF. If you feel unsafe on campus, you can request: an escort, limitation of the respondent’s access to the university, university services and functions, and/or no contact orders.
- CONFIDENTIAL COUNSELING AND MEDICAL SERVICES:
- Counseling services may be available upon request.
- If you have been sexually assaulted, medical services may be provided. It is important that you take steps to preserve all evidence to assist with the investigation.
- CONFIDENTIAL ADVOCACY RESOURCES:
- Access to confidential advocacy services and assistance in arranging an initial appointment
- CLASSES and ACADEMIC SUPPORT:
If you are uncomfortable attending the same class or classes as the respondent, or need academic support you may request:
- To have the respondent removed from the class
- To re-schedule or be transferred to a different class
- Academic support services such as advising, flexible time, and/or make up work.
- To re-take a course and/or withdraw from a class without penalty.
- CAMPUS HOUSING:
- If you feel uncomfortable living in a specific location, you may request an alternative option.
- If you live in the same dorm and/or area as the respondent, you may request that either you or the respondent be relocated.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- You may request changes to your university work schedule or job assignment.
- REMOTE/OFF-CAMPUS LOCATIONS:
- You may request adjustments specific to these locations
- Additional safety resources/protocols may be requested beyond what is provided at the location
For more information, visit the UAF Title IX FAQs.