About Faculty Senate
Organized in January 1988, the Senate consists of 37-39 faculty members elected proportionally from the faculty of each college and school. In addition to monthly plenary meetings, the standing and permanent committees meet regularly to carry out the majority of the work. The president, president-elect and committee chairs constitute an Administrative Committee which sets the full Senate agenda and coordinates the various activities of the Senate.
In addition to the above legislative and oversight activities, the Faculty Senate
- serves as a major part of UAF's institutional memory, archiving policy decisions over the years,
- provides information on programs, policies, procedures, formats and responsible individuals for accomplishing the academic tasks of the institution, and,
- through the UAF Governance Coordinating Committee, works in close cooperation with the other governance bodies (Staff Council and ASUAF) on issues which affect the wider university community.
- Faculty Senate Constitution
- Faculty Senate Bylaws (Revised October 7, 2013)
- Current Faculty Senate Membership by Unit (PDF)
- Faculty Alliance (UA System)
- University Advocacy Kit: Useful Links
- Faculty Handbook (links to Provost/Faculty Dev. site)
- UAF Faculty Work Life Survey Report (PDF, 2005)
Cecile Lardon, Faculty Senate President-Elect