UAF Faculty Senate
The university, as a community of scholars sometimes referred to as the academy, vests responsibility for effectively carrying out its educational mission to the faculty. Faculty have traditionally played a key role in shared governance and academic collegiality of institutions of higher education.
The primary mechanism for the formulation and oversight of academic policy is the Faculty Senate. Concerns addressed by the Faculty Senate include the following: course and program development and change; policies related to academic procedures; academic freedom and faculty rights and responsibilities; and quality of teaching, research and service.
Reports and Items of Interest to Faculty and Faculty Senate
- SAVE THE DATE:
- 12th Annual Promotion and Tenure Workshop
- Friday, April 21, 2017 (SpringFest - no classes)
10:00 AM to Noon at 109 Butrovich Building
- Flyer for the Workshop (PDF)
- Recording of Dec. 14, 2016 BOR Special Meeting (.mp3; 58MB)
Meeting started at 9 AM, progressing for approx. 15 minutes before the BOR went into executive session. This audio recording begins after the BOR came out of that initial executive session. It ends just before the BOR went back into another executive session to discuss matters related to Title IX and a Facility Clearance Resolution. See the BOR Agenda for Dec. 14.
- Strategic Pathways Information (link to statewide website)
- REVISED Flyer on Changes to Public Testimony at Board of Regents Meetings
(Includes a 2016-2017 Schedule; version as of 08/29/2016)
- Future Academic Calendars
Link above takes you to the statewide VPAAR web site; see "Approved Common Calendar Dates for AY17 - AY20" under the heading of News and Updates.
- Links to information about Strategic Pathways (statewide sites)
- Link to The Statewide Voice (or TSV, for short)
TSV is produced by the UA Office of Public Affairs.
ARCHIVE PAGE: Links to reports and items of interest from prior years.
312B Signers' Hall, Box 757500
- Constitution and Bylaws of the UAF Faculty Senate
(The links on the page above contain the most current versions of these documents.)
- 2016-17 Faculty Senate Handbook and Directory (Updates in progress during Sept/Oct '16)
- 2016-17 Faculty Senate Member Directory (PDF, as of 09/22/2016)
- 2016-17 Faculty Senate Committees (PDF, List as of 03/09/2017)
- 2016-17 Faculty Senate and Administrative Committee Meetings List (PDF, updated on 06/16/2016)
- Information for Committee Chairs and Conveners
- 2015-16 Faculty Senate Members by Unit (PDF, List as of 10/31/2015)
- 2015-16 Faculty Senate Directory and Handbook (PDF; Updated with 12/07/2015 Faculty Senate amendments to committee bylaws.)
- 2015-16 Faculty Senate Committees (as of 10/27/2015)
- 2015-16 Faculty Senate Meetings (PDF)
For agendas, minutes and reports, select Meetings in the navigation pane.
- 2014-15 Faculty Senate Members by Unit (PDF)
- 2014-15 Faculty Senate Directory and Handbook (PDF; 8/30/2014)
- 2014-15 Faculty Senate Committees (PDF; as of October 2014)
- 2014-15 Faculty Senate and Administrative Committee Meetings (PDF; as of 8/30/2014)
- 2013-2014 Faculty Senate Members by Unit (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Faculty Senate Directory and Handbook (PDF, updated as of 9/23/2013)
- 2013-2014 Faculty Senate Committees (PDF; List as of Spring 2014)
- 2013-2014 Faculty Senate and Administrative Committee Meetings (PDF)
- 2012-2013 Faculty Senate Directory and Handbook (PDF, 384 KB, updated 10/23/12)
- 2012-2013 Faculty Senate Representation by Unit (PDF)
- 2012-2013 Faculty Senate Committees (PDF, 10/23/2012)
- 2012-2013 Faculty Senate and Administrative Committee Meetings (PDF)
- 2011-2012 Faculty Senate Directory and Handbook (PDF, 8/22/2011, Updated 3/5/2012)
- 2011 Faculty Senate Election Results by Unit (PDF)
- 2011-12 UAF Faculty Senate Committees (with Chairs) (PDF)
- 2011-12 Faculty Senate and Administrative Committee Meetings (PDF, revised 10/06/2011)
- 2010-11 FS HANDBOOK AND DIRECTORY (PDF, 11/12/2010)
- 2010-11 Faculty Senate Members Directory (PDF, 11/5/2010)
- 2010-11 Faculty Senate Committees (PDF, 11/5/2010)
- 2010-11 Faculty Senate by Unit (PDF, 11/5/2010)