All UAF websites must:
- Use the UAF official web banner.
- Include the name of the department, school, institute and/or unit in large letters near the top of the page.
- Meet UAF web-font brand guidelines.
- Provide contact information for the unit, including address, phone, fax and email.
- Include an email link to the contact person(s) for the site.
- Include the micro combination affirmative action/equal opportunity and nondiscrimination notice in the website's footer:
- Meet a minimum of WCAG2AA accessibility compliance. You can scan your website for errors using a variety of tools for checking web accessibility.
Note: OU Campus website templates meet the UAF website requirements by default.
The Office of Information Technology will replace the web content management system Roxen with OU Campus at UAF and UA Statewide. Migration of websites from Roxen to OU Campus will begin summer 2018. OU Campus templates feature more design flexibility, additional components, and have mobile-friendly responsive design.
Hosting, support, basic website creation and editor administration for OU Campus websites is managed by OIT, free of charge to UAF departments. Additionally, OU Campus website templates meet the UAF website requirements by default, and are automatically included in UA's Google Custom Search Engine located in the official web banner above. Developing a UAF website on a non-OIT-supported server or platform is not advised.
Use of official web banners
The official UAF web banner is required on all official UAF department or program websites. If there is a question about whether or not your site qualifies to use the official web banner, or if you need assistance applying a banner to your site, contact a University Relations web developer at email@example.com or 907-474-6281.
Use of the UAF banner is reserved for official UAF department and program websites and may not be used on nonaffiliated sites.
How to add the UAF banner
When you request a UAF site on the OU Campus server from OIT, the official web banner is included in the template.
If you are developing a UAF website on a non-OIT-supported server or platform (not advised), follow the instructions below to add banner to your webpage.
- Insert the banner CSS code into your document.
Insert this bit of CSS code into your document before the closing HEAD tag </HEAD>. Without it, the banner will not be flush to the top and sides of browser windows and the enclosed text will not have the correct style.
- Insert the banner code into your document.
The banner is made up of several elements and therefore cannot be copied as an image directly from a web page. Instead the code must be copied and pasted into your document to work correctly.
You are now finished inserting the banner.
Note: If you there are technical reasons why the above instructions will not work with your website's configuration, please contact University Relations to discuss alternate solutions.