Web and social media
UAF has a strong presence on a variety of social platforms, including Facebook, Spotify, Tumblr and Twitter. In addition to managing the university’s social platforms, our team provides resources and advice to help you be successful on social media.
Not sure how many characters in a tweet or how to share links? This page will give you the basics.
If you are planning to launch a new social media platform for your unit, let us know so we can help you get off on the right foot.
Training and consulting
Need advice? Looking for some training resources? Contact us and we can help.
University Relations creates and maintains a variety of UAF websites for student services and advancement, faculty and staff communications, and public and alumni relations. These include the UAF homepage and secondary pages, the Cornerstone news and information website, the chancellor's website, the Admissions website and more.
How we can help you
University Relations can help university departments produce professional, high-quality, attractive, well-written websites. All new requests for website review should be directed to the University Relations request form.
- Review for compliance with the web guidelines including correct banner usage, UAF logo usage, W3C accessibility guidelines, etc.
- Advance notice is appreciated. Fill out the University Relations request form to schedule a website review.
- Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but projects can generally be turned around within three working days.
What we need from your department
- Your project should be complete and accurate when you give it to us.
- Give us advance notice of your project, what it is and when it will be available for review. Once a schedule is set, if you miss agreed-upon deadlines, your project will have to be rescheduled depending on University Relations workload.
- Tell us the goal of the project, who the audience is and how your piece will be distributed.
- Send the URL of the not-yet-live site. We will provide comments via email.
- Web accessibility checker
This site will check your webpage against accessibility standards (WCAG2 level AA).
- Google Analytics Academy
Learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
- Roxen demo website
Preview the new Roxen version 3 template and available themes. Roxen version 3 templates feature more design flexibility and additional components, and are mobile-friendly because they use responsive design.
- Roxen training
View OIT's technology training calendar to find and sign up for Roxen training sessions.
- Search engine optimization
Information on how to improve your web pages so that they are more easily found by search engines and provide quality search results
- Web guidelines
Developed to provide the official UAF presence on the web with a cohesive UAF identity and to help departments create, maintain and showcase their web resources
- Website design packet (PDF)
Site evaluation and planning tools to help you redesign or create a new site from scratch