Community Engaged Learning Awards
Full-time UAF undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, postdoctoral researchers and staff from all disciplines and campuses are eligible to apply for awards of up to $500 to work with a community partner to explore a community need or problem through research or scholarly activity. While faculty, post-docs, graduate students and staff are eligible to apply, the focus must be on supporting undergraduate learning. Funding options include supplies, services and local travel. Funds must be spent by June 30, 2018.
Awardees are required to participate in a monthly Community Cohort meeting with project partners (UAF and community) and to participate in creating an exhibit for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Day, April 10, 2018.
Application - click here
The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm November 5, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Does the proposal make a strong case for funding?
- Proposed project describes an equitable working relationship with a community member, organization or population
- Proposed project engages in real-world problem solving through connecting expertise/resources/learning to actual needs in a community
- Written quality of the proposal and purpose of the supplies/equipment/travel requested
- Direct benefit to the educational experience of undergraduate students and community members
- Detailed list of supplies/services with specifications and costs
Each application will be reviewed by the URSA Community Engaged Learning Committee and the URSA Director.