Instructions for Students Already Enrolled at UAF
Students must request the usage of their benefits each semester!
If you make any changes to your address, telephone or any other biographical information, please submit a VA Change Form.
Attention Chapter 33 Graduating Seniors: Your $50 graduation application fee is reimbursable by the VA. You must email email@example.com to request reimbursement at the time that you apply for graduation.
Certification process for continuing students:
- Register for classes. Remember, only the courses that are applicable to your degree program can be certified for VA benefits. You should work with an academic advisor and refer to Degree Works to confirm that courses are applicable to your program.
* Veteran Services strongly encourages students using VA education benefits to register for your courses as early as possible.
- The School Certifying Official certifies requests in approximately 7-10 business days after the Certification Request form arrives. We will send you a an email when a course cannot be certified for any reason. The VA will send confirmation to your e-mail address when they receive our certification. Chapter 33 students: The VA may take 2-4 weeks to pay tuition and fees. You are responsible for ensuring your bill is paid or arrangements are made with the business office if the VA has not paid in time.
- Changes that you make to your class schedule will not be reported to the VA until after the end of the add/drop period for each term. This includes adding courses, dropping courses, swapping courses, wait listed courses and total withdraws. Changing from an eligible course to ineligible course could result in an overpayment. We strongly encourage students to avoid schedule changes whenever possible. Please be sure to contact your School Certifying Official when changes are made. You will receive a confirmation email from the VA when this certification is submitted by UAF. Chapter 33 guest students: tuition and fees will be reported to the VA after the add/drop period.
- Maximize all sources of funding by completing a FAFSA application and UAF Scholarship application. Don't forget to check out the scholarships you might be eligible for on our Veterans' Services scholarship page as well.
- Chapter 33 students: The VA must be informed when any funds are coming in to pay all or a portion of your tuition and fees. This may include tuition waivers from departments, the Army, Air Guard, MyCAA, STAP or other source that offers assistance for your TUITION and/or FEES. Please understand that the Post 9/11 Bill is the LAST payer and failing to notify the School Certifying Official in advance may create an overpayment.
- Check your UAF e-mail address frequently. Confirmation of certifications, issues with course certifications, newsletters and other important, time sensitive information will be sent to your email address only.
- Stay involved! Connect to us on Facebook, or Veteran Services on your blackboard.