What is the Student Organizations Resource Center?
The Student Organizations Resource Center exists within the LIVE Office (Leadership, Involvement, Volunteer Experience) to support and equip the student organizations of UAF. Our staff can provide assistance in leadership development, special event planning, creating promotional strategies, team building, starting new organizations, navigating the UAF system, and more!
Where is the SO Resource Center located?
We are located in Wood Center Room 101 I
What are our hours?
Our offices are open from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
But our events keep us out and about at all hours of the day and night, including weekends. If your organization would like to schedule an event, meeting, training, or workshop with us, we will do whatever it takes to meet your needs.
Who can use the SO Resource Center?
Come by or contact us if you are:
- A registered student organization
- Starting a new organization
- Interested in getting more involved at UAF
- Wanting to develop your leadership skills
- Looking for a sense of community
- Looking for opportunities for service
- Committed to making a difference
- Searching for the fun
What costs are associated with using our resources?
None--it's a trick question.
Each registered student organization has access to the following FREE resources:
- One regular booth space in Wood Center per week
- One regular meeting space in Wood Center per week
- One Wood Center Ballroom reservation per semester
- One UAF funds account
- One Wood Center Mailbox #
- Publicity in the SO newsletter, master calendar, bulletin boards, website, and plasma screens
- 1 banner, 1 poster and 40 flyers per semester printed by the Wood Center Graphics Dept.
- One booth at the Student Organizations Fair per semester
- Limitless workshops designed specifically for your org
- Administrative support of our office