Maybe life got in the way, or work got too busy.
Maybe you needed to help out with family or loved ones.
Maybe you just need another try at that one class.
We get it and we understand.
Please read through the following questions to learn more about Finish Strong and the degree-completion options available for you.
The Finish Strong program is focused on working with students that are close to completing their baccalaureate degree but have stopped taking classes. Our general qualifications are listed below.
- Students who have earned 90 credits towards a bachelor’s degree
- Students who have not taken any university courses within the last two semesters (including Summer)
These general qualifications are not meant to be barriers to completing your degree. If you think you’re not quite the right fit for Finish Strong, you can still apply to UAF no matter what your situation is.
- Students who have been away for two years or more will need to re-apply to UAF. We have a free application fee waiver code located under the next topic.
- Students who apply to a UAF baccalaureate program by June 15 are automatically considered for the Nanook Pledge Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Students who apply to a UAF baccalaureate program by June 15 and have submitted a FAFSA application will be considered for the Nanook Commitment Scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic school year.
- Students can explore other scholarships through the University of Alaska Scholarship Application System.
- There is additional financial support that we can offer on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students must be fully admitted to a UAF baccalaureate program, completed their FAFSA, and have met with a Finish Strong advisor to discuss their path towards finishing their degree.
There are two optional routes you can take at this point. Below, you will find some prompt text that may help you decide how you want to start. Either route will eventually connect you with our Finish Strong team to discuss strategies for completing your degree.
Optional Route #1:
- ‘I am 100% positive that I have over 90 credits that transfer to UAF. Some of these are from colleges outside Alaska but I’m prepared to order official transcripts today.’
- ‘I used to attend UAA/UAS/UAF and I think I only have a couple of classes left, but maybe some things have changed. Either way, I want to finish my bachelor’s degree!’
Use the Fee Waiver Code: FINISHSTRONG and
Optional Route #2:
- ‘I think I may qualify, but I’m not totally sure. I was really close to finishing a degree specifically in XYZ, but at this point, I just want to earn my bachelor’s and finish up this chapter in my life.
- ‘I’m not totally sure if I qualify for this, but I really want to finish my degree. I’m somewhere close to 90 but maybe it won’t all transfer.
- ‘I need help and I have lots of questions, but I am determined to finish this bachelor’s degree.’
Fill out the form below to have a Finish Strong academic advisor reach out to you
Get more information
Finish your degree at UAF