Registering for Classes
How to look for classes
UAOnline is UAF’s online student portal. You’ll use it to access the following information and more:
- Account information and semester balance
- Fee payment
- Student records
- Class schedule
- Transcript requests
- Update your mailing address and phone number
Instructions for how to login to UAOnline:
- Go to uaonline.alaska.edu,
- Click on “Login to Secured Area,”
- Log in by entering your UA username and password.
- If you need assistance logging in, follow the instructions for claiming or resetting your information. For more assistance, contact the OIT Support Center at 800-478-8226, 907-450-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can search for classes online at: https://uaonline.alaska.edu/banprod/owa/bwck2sch.p_disp_dyn_sched
(We use the terms “course” and “class” interchangeably.) The link will bring you to the following page:
Below is an example of some courses listed under the subject Alaska Native Studies (ANS):
If a class lists its Meeting Time as “TR 3:40pm-5:05pm”, that class meets on each Tuesday and Thursday at those times during the semester dates.
Days: M = Monday, T = Tuesday, W = Wednesday, R = Thursday, F = Friday, S = Saturday, U = Sunday
You may find the Class Schedule Worksheet useful for working out your schedule so that two or more classes do not conflict with each other.
The CRN is the Course Reference Number, which is a unique, 5-digit identification number for each class.
Where your classes take place is another important consideration. Below is a list of locations (locations in italics are off-campus locations and will require a free shuttle, a city bus ride, or your own transportation). Map refers to the number on the UAF campus map (www.uaf.edu/campusmap/Mini-Map.pdf). It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk between Wood Center (#31) and the Reichardt Building (#10). There is also a free shuttle that can take you all over campus.
- 604 Barnette Street
- Akasofu Building
- Art-Fine Arts Complex
- Arctic Health & Research Bldg
- Brooks Memorial Mines Building
- Bunnell Building
- Butrovich Building
- Charles Davis Concert Hall
- C.T. Elvey Building (Geophysical Institute)
- Dance Theatre Fairbanks
- Distance Ed BLKBD / AUDIO
- Druska Schaible Auditorium
- Duckering Building
- Eielson Memorial Building
- Ernest Gruening Building
- Fbks Pipeline Training Center
- Fire Service Training Center
- Honors House (Copper)
- Hutchison Career Center
- Lathrop Building 516 2nd Ave
- Laurence Irving Building I
- Laurence Irving Building II
- Margaret Murie Building
- North Pole Fire Department
- North Pole HS
- Paul B. Reichardt
- Patty Center
- Rasmuson Library Elmer
- Ryan Jr HS
- Student Rec Center
- Sydney Chapman Building
- TBA (To Be Announced)
- TBD (To Be Decided)
- Terris Moore Hall
- UA Museum of the North
- University Park
- West Ridge Research Building
- William A. O’Neill Resources
- William Ransom Wood Center
The following locations are not in Fairbanks, and commuting to them on a regular basis from Fairbanks may not be possible:
Anchorage, Delta Junction, Eielson Air Force Base, Fisheries Technology Center, Fort Wainwright, Glennallen, Juneau Palmer
Graduate and undergraduate degree-seeking students: Your advisor’s name and contact information are provided on your admission letter.
Exchange/study abroad students: Your advisor is Erica Keiko Iseri in International Programs (email@example.com).
Graduate and undergraduate degree-seeking students: http://www.uaf.edu/register/process/#how_to_register
Exchange/study abroad students: You will get information about registering for classes from International Programs.