Tuition and Fees
How much do I pay, and when?
There are many fees you will be responsible for paying. Below is an estimate of these fees; your actual fees will vary depending on which courses you take (which will affect your student fees, your textbook fees, etc.), what type of housing and meal plan you choose, etc.
about $7,600 Nonresident tuition (all or part may be paid for by a graduate assistantship or an exchange tuition award)
about $900 Mandatory student fees
about $1,900 On-campus housing
about $1,800 Meal plan
about $600 Other fees
Living on campus with a meal plan and a post office box?
- Exchange students have to pay about $5,200 by the fee payment deadline.
- Resident study abroad students have to pay around $10,500 by the fee payment deadline.
- Nonresident study abroad and degree-seeking students have to pay around $14,000 by the fee payment deadline.
Paying for school
How to pay your fees
UAF accepts credit cards (Visa or MasterCard only); checks, traveler's checks and money orders drawn on U.S. banks, and cash. If you are paying with a credit card, the two most common issues that students run into are that the bank or credit card company:
- does not allow a charge from the U.S., or
- has a daily, weekly or monthly maximum that is less than the amount the student owes UAF.
- Please contact your bank or credit card company to make sure you won't have these issues.
If you are unable to pay the entire amount by the deadline, you may set up a payment plan. With this option, you can divide the amount into two or more payments spread out over the semester. There is an additional $50 fee for this service, and you will have to set up the payment plan and make your first payment by the fee payment deadline.
It is your responsibility to resolve any fee payment issues by the fee payment deadline.
Exchange and study abroad students must have their course list/study program reviewed once you have finalized your schedule (completed all course changes, adds/drops) and are happy with the course selection, and before paying fees, before the fee payment deadline