Home: Anchorage, AK
Major: Biological Sciences
I chose UAF because I wanted to stay in Alaska! It is my home and I will always come back to it. I made the concrete decision to come to UAF when I went on a campus tour in the fall of my junior year of high school. The campus was like a small community and everywhere I went people were not afraid to say hi or start a conversation. Hiking, fishing, biking, and camping are some of my favorite summer activities. In the winter, I like cross country skiing, snow machining and ice skating. Going to UAF hockey games is another one of my favorite things to do when I'm not in class. On campus, I am involved in Chi Alpha campus ministries. After I graduate from UAF I plan on pursuing a doctorate degree in physical therapy.
- I am an identical twin!
- I love to read and my favorite book is Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
- My favorite sport to watch is hockey. Favorite team is the Minnesota Wild!
- I have been across the world to Thailand and Laos.
- I played softball in high school.
- The weirdest thing I have ever eaten was a chicken's foot.
- My favorite sugary food is cheesecake. My sister and I made this wonderful white chocolate blueberry cheesecake. It was the best cheesecake I have ever had in my life!
- I am a magnet for butterflies. They land on me all the time!
- I own two dogs, Keiko and Kodi!
- I go out on trips to watch the Northern Lights, usually around 1 a.m. My boyfriend Conner took this photo of the two of us on one of our midnight aurora hunts.