Online Dictionary Resources for Alaska Native Languages
Many dictionaries of Alaska Native languages have been scanned are are available as searchable PDF documents. Still others include web-accessible versions. The following is a list of electronic dictionary resources in our collection. This list is expanding as we continue to digitize our collection, so check back often for additional resources. Those materials marked with a book icon () can be purchased in book form from the Alaska Native Language Center for a nominal cost.
- Unangan (Aleut)
- Unangam Tunudgusii. Aleut Dictionary. (1994, PDF) AL950B1994a
- Eyak Dictionary (1970, PDF) EY961K1970b
- Deg Xinag
- Holikachuck Noun Dictionary (1978, PDF) HO975K1978c
- Upper Kuskokwim
- Dinak'i (Our Words). Upper Kuskokwim Athabaskan Junior Dictionary (1979, PDF) UK964CP1979
- Central Koyukon Junior Dictionary (PDF, 1978) KO972J1978i
- Lower Tanana
- Upper Tanana
- Han Gwich'in Athapaskan Noun Dictionary (1978, PDF) HN976R1978b
- Dictionary of Alaskan Haida (2010, PDF) HAA004L2010
The above works are copyrighted by the National Bilingual Materials Development Center and/or the Alaska Native Language Center and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. This license prohibits unauthorized reproduction in any form for commercial use. Reproduction for education, non-profit use is permitted, provided the original authors/compilers are acknowledged.