Thank you for visiting our site. We appreciate your interest in recruiting UAF students and alumni for internships and employment. Below are some links that we hope you will find useful as you plan your recruitment at UAF, America's Arctic University. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have or for more information. We look forward to assisting you in meeting your recruitment goals.
UAF Career Services
907-474-7596 • email@example.com
Fall Job & Internship Fair 2018
Thank you to all the employers that attended the Fall Job & Internship Fair 2018!
Matanuska Electric Association, Inc.
The Boeing Company
Alaska Gasline Development Corporation
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Coeur Mining, Inc.
Federal Aviation Administration
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
Granite Construction Company
Air Force Civilian Services
Ravn Air Group
Bureau of Land Management
Petro Star Inc
ASRC Construction Holding Company, LLC
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska
Nadon Family Home
Alaska Center for Energy & Power
Fairbanks North Star Borough
Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Alaska Air National Guard
Student Conservation Association
USAF / 330 RCS
Alaska Executive Search
Foundation Health Partners
UAF Official Photographer
UAF Fire Department
UAF Police Department
UAF Office of Admission
UAF Start Up Weekend
Accounting Recruitment Week(s) 2018
Accounting firms work with UAF Career Services and the School of Management to conduct interviews and recruit interns, full-time, and part-time employees.
Please note: Registration will be available for events approximately two months prior to the event date. If you click this link and are unable to find any products, registration has not opened yet but please check back soon.
Career Services is excited to announce that we have recently streamlined our job fair registration process. Now you can register for an event without creating a log in by clicking the link above, selecting the fair you would like to participate in, and checking out. This option is only available for credit card payments. To pay by check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Spring Job & Internship Fair 2019
Date: February 20th, 2018: 11:00am-3:00pm
UAF Wood Center Ballroom
Registration for our 2019 UAF Spring Career Fair will open at
8:00 am (AKST) on Monday, November 26th 2018 at https://epay.alaska.edu/C21563_ustores/web/classic/store_main.jsp?STOREID=65&clearPreview=true
Registration closes February 11th 2019 at 5:00pm (AKST)
Focus: Recruiting UAF students and alumni for current, summer, or early fall employment and internship opportunities
- Early Bird Rate: Valid until 5:00 pm (AKST) on Friday, January 25th
- Standard Booth $200.00
- Premium Booth $350.00
- Late Rate: After 5:00 pm (AKST) on Friday, January 25th
- Standard Booth $300.00
- Premium Booth $450.00
- Government Agency Discount Code: $25 off
- (BEFORE YOU REGISTER)To get the Nonprofit Discount please your EIN# to email@example.com. Once your status is verified, you will be emailed a discount code and then you can register!
- Non-Profit Discount code: $75 off
- (BEFORE YOU REGISTER)To get the Nonprofit Discount please your 501 c(3) organization EIN# to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your status is verified, you will be emailed a discount code and then you can register!
*Companies only qualify for one type of discount. If your EIN number is not a verified Government or 501 c(3) organization, no discount code will be applied to your order.
To assist with reaching your target audience and to help fulfill your recruitment needs, we offer various recruitment events throughout the year. There are a number of annual events (listed above) that tend to attract a large number of students and employers. We can also host smaller gatherings, such as information sessions and display tables at the Wood Center. For more information on any of these recruitment strategies, please contact us.
Focus: Showcasing company culture and values and presenting internship, employment, and career advancement opportunities to current UAF students.
Email email@example.com to book a room for your information session.
If you would like students to come to your information session, spreading the word is key. Please send flyers to firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks before your information session. If you would like your business to be linked on any Facebook posts please include your @name for Facebook.
Everyone loves free food! If you are planning to have food at your information session you have 2 options. Both require 2 weeks notice, so plan accordingly!
- Order from UAF Vendor Chartwells
- Chartwells offers a variety of food and drinks. To see their extensive menu and to make an order click here. Please place orders 2 weeks before the event.
- Order from a Non-UAF Vendor
- If you choose to bring food from outside (Non-UAF) vendors, the Liability Release Request Form needs to be completed 2 weeks before the event.
There are several pay-to-park lots available for visitors.
- The Nenana Lot: 4F, 4D, & 4E and the Signers Hall Parking Lots 3A & 3C are both great places to park to access lower campus. These parking lots are pay-by-plate lots. You can pay through a kiosk or through UAF’s Mobile Parking App. Click here for more information.
Tips for Information Sessions
- Hold your sessions during the free hour 1:00-2:00 on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Have a short presentation for interested students
- Back your powerpoint presentation up on a USB
- Leave time for students to ask questions
- Plan your information session around an event like a Career Fair, Interview Day or Recruitment Week to get more interest.
All jobs and internship posts are subject to approval.
Another way to increase awareness of your business and to get to know potential employees is to participate in Mock Interview and Resume Review Workshops. We are always looking for businesses that are interested in taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity. If your business would like to participate please contact us.