The Business Continuity Graduate Certificate provides students an in-depth overview
of those processes required to build resilience and provide for disaster recovery
within both public and private entities. Planning and preparing for the adverse effects
of a major crisis brought on by natural disasters, cyber threats, and even common
emergencies are key to the survival of an organization post-event. Business continuity
is an important component in having a successful business and as such, many organizations
are adapting their employee’s roles to include continuity components. This certificate
will help students understand those components, teach them how to develop a plan,
and cover best practices to survive and thrive despite a crisis or disaster. This
knowledge, in turn, better prepares employees and businesses for any business disruption
that may occur.
- Student must have a completed baccalaureate degree.
- If the degree is in a non-security or business continuity related field and has a
3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, they will be required to start with one 400-level course,
which is an elective option for the degree.
- Students that have already obtained a graduate degree will not be required to complete
an entrance exam or complete a 400-level course first.
- Students with a baccalaureate degree in a related field, with a cumulative GPA of
3.0 or higher will not have any additional testing or entry course requirements.
- If the student has a cumulative GPA between 3.0 and 2.75, regardless of the field
of study, they will be required to complete the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Exam.
- If a student has a cumulative GPA below 2.75, they will be required to submit results
from either the GRE or GMAT.
Graduate Certificate Program Requirements
You can also view these requirements in the UAF Catalog.
||Business Continuity and Risk Assessment
|Complete one of the following:
||Business Continuity and Crisis Management 1
||Business Continuity Audit
1 If no prior experience in business continuity, HSEM F445 is a required prerequisite for this certificate.
View the full program requirements for the Business Continuity Graduate Certificate in the UAF catalog.