The Master of Security and Disaster Management degree provides both aspiring and existing
homeland security and emergency management practitioners the education needed to lead
and manage from the operational to strategic levels within their chosen career field.
The master’s program requires an extended level of synthesis and integration of the
critical thinking and analysis skills required for managers and leaders in the homeland
security and emergency management enterprise. The program builds upon the experience
and education of those within this highly interdisciplinary enterprise, providing
a relevant graduate-level education focusing on the operational to strategic requirements
of our collective public safety.
Benefits of the MSDM Program
- 100% online
- In-state tuition for all online courses
- Instructors with real world, hands-on experience
- Member of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Emergency Management Higher
- Member of Department of Homeland Security University & Agency Partnership Initiative
- Only program of its kind in the state of Alaska
The College of Business and Security Management is extending an offer to waive the
application fee for all students who apply to any College of Business and Security
Management degree program. Use the waiver code UAFCBSM when applying to take advantage of this offer.