Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate
The Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate is designed for the student who desires an in-depth overview of the important topics in providing for the cybersecurity oriented aspects of managing cyber-related operations. The certificate provides relevant and cutting edge education specific to the needs of individuals and their associated organizations in providing the technical capability to prevent, plan for, and recover from technological incidents. Cybersecurity, as a very dynamic field, requires lifelong learning - with this certificate program serving as Continuing Professional Education (CPE) for many professional certifications today. Recipients of the Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate are better prepared for the challenges of the cybersecurity workforce today and the future.
- Student must have a completed baccalaureate degree.
- Students must possess either prior education specific to IT, Networking or Cybersecurity, related work experience or a combination of both with the approval and review of the Program Director to enter the Cybersecurity Management or associated concentration within the MSDM.
- If the degree is in a non-security or non-cybersecurity related field and the student has a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, they will be required to start with one 400-level course, which is an elective option for the degree.
- Students that have already obtained a graduate degree will not be required to complete an entrance exam or complete a 400-level course first.
- Students with a baccalaureate degree in a related field, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher will not have any additional testing or entry course requirements.
- If the student has a cumulative GPA between 3.0 and 2.75, regardless of the field of study, they will be required to complete the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Exam.
- If a student has a cumulative GPA below 2.75, they will be required to submit results from either the GRE or GMAT.
Graduate Certificate Program Requirements
You can also view these requirements in the UAF Catalog.
|Graduate Certificate Requirements|
|Complete the graduate certificate requirements|
|Cybersecurity Management Program Requirements||12|
|Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.|
|Complete the following:|
|HSEM F641||Information Assurance and Risk Assessment||3|
|HSEM F648||Perspectives in Addressing Cybersecurity & Critical Infrastructure||3|
|HSEM F649||Cyber Threats and Vulnerabilities||3|
|Complete one of the following:|
|HSEM F415||Cybersecurity in the 21st Century: Technology and Ethics||3|
|HSEM F416||Cybersecurity Management||3|
|HSEM F417||Cybersecurity Resiliency||3|
|HSEM F418||Cybercrime, Fraud and Law||
View the full program requirements for the Cybersecurity Management Graduate Certificate in the UAF catalog.