Mat-Su/Copper River District Office
- What to Do Before, During and After a Natural Disaster in Alaska
- Emergency Preparedness for Alaskans
- Earthquake Mitigation (Alaska Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management)
- Recovery After A Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Financial Recovery After a Disaster Video Series (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Rebuild Healthy Homes (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- Is My Water Safe? (Michigan State University Extension)
- Be Prepared for an Earthquake (FEMA)
- Earthquake Safety Checklist (FEMA)
- Extension Disaster Education Network
The Mat-Su/Copper River District includes the 24,000 square mile Mat-Su Borough and additional areas in the Copper River Basin that include Gakona, Copper Center, Kenny Lake and Valdez communities outside of the borough. Our office has publications, classes and experts on topics like gardening, agriculture, food preservation and more. We also serve the 4-H community.
Upcoming classes and events
- 2019 Alaska State Fair June Tull 4-H building volunteer sign up
- Diabetes Prevention Program begins Aug 6, 2019. Contact Melissa Clampitt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Join us for Third Thursdays with Extension! Call 745-3360 for more details.
- Visit our online registration site to see other upcoming classes.
Earthquake Resources from FEMA
- Use of Connectors and Brackets
- Earthquake Home Hazard Hunt
- How to Prepare for an Earthquake
- Brace Cripple Walls
- Anchor Equipment Properly
- Reduce Your Risk from Natural Disasters
- Load Paths
- Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for Older Americans
- Reducing Earthquake Risk