Scholarships for New Students
Each semester, scholarships are available to new students (freshmen or transfer) entering the B.S. or B.A. Fisheries degree programs. The number of awards given and award amounts vary, but typically range from $500 to $2,000. To be eligible, students must apply and be admitted to the B.S. or B.A. Fisheries degree program. To apply for a scholarship:
- Submit a one-page, typed essay on why you have chosen to earn a degree in fisheries to the Academic Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Submission deadline is August 1 for fall semester acceptance and December 1 for spring semester acceptance.
Scholarships for Returning Students
Four merit-based tuition scholarships and one leadership scholarship are awarded to our most outstanding undergraduate fisheries students. To be eligible, students must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits) in either the B.S. or B.A. Fisheries degree program. The following tuition scholarships are awarded each spring:
- Outstanding Freshman – $500 award
- Outstanding Sophomore – $500 award
- Outstanding Junior – $500 award
- Outstanding Senior – $500 award
- Outstanding Leadership – $500 award
A.W. “Winn” Brindle Memorial Education Loan Program
The program was established in memory of a former president of the Wards Cove Packing Company and Columbia Wards Fisheries. It is funded by private donations and contributions from fisheries businesses in exchange for state tax credits. The funds provide educational loans to Alaska residents for full-time undergraduate or graduate study in fisheries-related programs. See State of Alaska Education Loans - Fisheries (Winn Brindle)
AlaskAdvantage Education Grant
Other Financial Aid Links
For more information on the UAF College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, please contact Christina Sutton, CFOS Academic Program Manager, at email@example.com or 907-474-5840.