UAF Grievance Procedure / Report Discrimination
UAF Grievance Procedure Under ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) not to discriminate on the basis of disability as detailed in University of Alaska Board of Regents' Policy and University Regulations. UAF has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging discrimination.
- A grievance may be submitted to the ADA/504 coordinator (contact details below) for review. The grievance must be submitted in writing through the online discrimination report form, by email, mail or in-person. The grievance must include the name and address of the person filing the complaint, the issue/ action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought. If desired, a hard copy of the grievance form is available from UAF Equity and Compliance. Assistance submitting the grievance can be requested at (907) 474-7300.
- The ADA/504 Coordinator (or designee) will conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all involved persons an opportunity to submit information relevant to the complaint.
- The ADA/504 Coordinator will issue a written decision regarding the inquiry/investigation into the matter. The ADA/504 Coordinator will maintain the files and records relating to the complaints filed.
- The person filing the report may appeal the decision of the ADA/504 Coordinator in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the appeal document at 3rd floor, Constitution Hall within 15 calendar days from the date of the ADA/504 Coordinator’s decision. A UA ADA/ 504 Professional shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
- The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of disability with the US Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights.
- To the extent possible, privacy will be maintained throughout the investigation of a complaint of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
3rd floor, Constitution Hall
Fairbanks, AK 99775