Rights & responsibilities of accepting financial aid
As a financial aid recipient at UAF, you have the right to:
- Know what financial programs are available to you.
- Know how to apply, how eligibility is determined and what terms and conditions are
related to your aid.
- Know how the university determines whether you are making satisfactory academic progress
toward your degree and what happens if you are not.
- Request an explanation of your financial aid package, including what portion is gift
and what portion must be repaid and the terms of repayment.
- Know the costs of attending UAF and the refund policy for students who withdraw.
To receive financial aid at UAF, you must:
- Complete all financial aid forms accurately and file them on time.
- Apply every year because financial aid is not automatically extended from year to
- Provide correct information on all applications and documents submitted.
- Read and understand all documents you sign. You should also keep copies of them for
- Know the limits and conditions of financial aid programs.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of any change of address, name, marital status, attendance
status or receipt of additional awards.